All of your created audiences can be accessed from the “Audiences” tab in the top navigation.
An audience may be created in the following ways:
- Site Audience
- Configure a Site Audience: A rules-based audience using URL, metadata, or element IDs. When the rule’s condition is met, data is captured as a Site Audience (e.g., if a URL = http://www.mysite.com/homepage, an audience may be captured under a “homepage” rule when a user visits that URL)
- Custom Tag: An audience created using custom parameters. This is typically appropriate when more granular targeting and measurement is required, or when a site’s URL structure does not lend to creating rules (e.g., if the URLs across the site are not unique for each page or are comprised of dynamic IDs).
- Custom Audience
- Configure a Custom Audience: An audience created based on a specific set of search terms or demographics.
Each audience shows the audience type (Site or Custom) and its associated scale. Scale is indicated by total unique users for Site Audiences, and as a relative measure of high (green), average (yellow), or low (red) for Custom Audiences.
From the Audiences page, you can:
- Create a New Audience by selecting the audience type and parameters
- Edit an audience
- View insights for an audience. Click on any audience name to see a detailed report from demographics to media consumption patterns.