After you configure a Custom Audience using search keywords, Audience Insights will show you the following behavioral insights:
- Demographic Attributes
- Top Domains
- Related Search Terms
The term definitions below will help you interpret the data:
- Affinity: A user’s likelihood to visit a domain, relative to the general Internet population. The higher the affinity number, the more likely the user will visit.
- Index: Similar to an affinity measurement of likelihood, but expressed differently. For example, an affinity of 1.5x is equal to an index of 150. An index of 200 Male for a Search Keyword Audience should be interpreted as ‘those who have searched for those keywords are 2 times more likely to be male than the average Internet user’.
- Composition: Percentage breakdown across each attribute, with the total adding up to 100%.
Curated keyword audience insights:
Demographic Attributes: Using the toggle, these attributes can be displayed as index values or composition percentages. You can also export a spreadsheet with a table of both metrics for each search term.
- Gender: Male, Female
- Age: Bracketed by <18, 18-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 95+
- Income: Bracketed by $0-50K, $50-100K, $100-150K, $150K+
- Education: No College, College, Graduate School
- Children: Children, No Children
- Ethnicity: Caucasian, African American, Asian, Hispanic, Other
Top Domains: Index of the top domains that keyword searchers are likely to visit. An affinity of 10X should be interpreted as ‘those who have searched for X are 10 times more likely to visit site Y than the average Internet user’.
Related Search Terms Cloud: The word cloud shows other observed search terms which the original searchers completed over the same time period. The terms that appear larger are more commonly searched than those that appear smaller.
Note: Audience Insights are based on historical searchers that searched for these terms in the last 30 days. This behavior changes over time, and Quantcast allows you to analyze and target those changes as they occur.