Q Pixel is a universal tracking pixel that you can install easily on your website. It provides you the ability to define and track various site events, view site activity for the past seven days, and retrieve codes required to track activity on your website. This article provides an overview of the following:
Accessing Q Pixel
In the Quantcast Platform, use the navigation menu on the top left of the screen, then select Q Pixel under Assets.
Your Q Pixel page will look similar to this:
Q Pixel Buttons
On the Q Pixel page, there are three buttons: Add Event, Grab Pixel Code, and Verify URL.
- Add Event: Create data pass-back and rule-based events based on activity occurring on your site. For more information on rule-based event or data pass-back events, see the Track Events article.
- Grab Pixel Code: Brings you to your base pixel and p-code. The base pixel is used to tag all pages on your website. The p-code is a unique identifier for your account. See Install Q Pixel for a guide on how to install your base pixel.
- Verify URL: Test if your site has been correctly tagged. If Q Pixel has been correctly implemented, it will show the status as "Active".
The Pixel Activity chart shows you all activity seen on webpages that have a pixel implemented and are associated to your p-code. You are able to filter which events will populate on the graph for the past 7 days.
Pixel Events are created within the platform through "Add Event" and "Grab Pixel Code".
The pixel events table shows following information:
- Event: The name of the event
- Type: The type of event.: Rule-based or data pass-back
- Status: The current status of the event: Active or inactive
- Total Impressions: The total number of impressions for the event
Eye icon: The last 20 records of the event triggered
- Triggered Date: The date and time the event triggered
- Domain and Path: URL the event triggered on
- Order ID: For Order ID data pass-back events
Revenue: For Revenue data pass-back events
To better understand your audience and events, read the article on Exploring Saved Audiences.
To see more tagging-related articles, visit the Tagging section in the Help Center.