Monitoring a website’s health used to be an analyst’s chore. But today, teams are more integrated than ever. Keeping your marketers, product managers, and even advertisers in the loop is critical. At Quantcast, we believe that understanding your site’s audience should be simple and easily understood by anyone.
Below, we walk through several key areas of your Quantcast Measure profile to show you just how quickly you can check the pulse of your site and learn new insights.
Here are the areas to pay attention to:
- Traffic: How many clicks is your site generating? Determine how many users have visited your site with the Traffic report.
- Cross-Platform: Are your users heavy desktop or mobile users? Look at the Cross-Platform report to determine visits on unique devices.
- Location: Where are your users from? Prove that your website delivers across locations with the Location report.
- Engagement: How engaged are your visitors with your site and content? Understand and analyze the composition of engaged users that make up your site’s audience.
- Other Sites: What other sites are you visitors likely to spend time on?
Your traffic is shown in Uniques and Views. Toggle between these graphs by clicking on the buttons near the top.
Here’s how we define each one:
- Uniques – The number of mobile app users and online cookies for a property.
- Views – The number of views of all the pages on this property. A page view is an instance of a page being loaded by a browser.
Adjust the date range by clicking on the date range picker and switch between a line and area chart by clicking on the button.
Use this report to determine how many users have visited your site across all platforms: web and mobile web.
- Is your traffic growing over time?
- Did any changes in your product have a positive or negative effect on your traffic? Use the Date Range selector to find out.
Similar to the Traffic report, you can toggle between different graphs with the buttons near the top.
Hover over a data point to view the metric numbers.
Use this report to understand your traffic distribution across platforms: web and mobile web.
- Do you have many mobile users? Consult your report and make sure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Do you have a mobile app? A high percentage of mobile web users can be an indicator for interest in a dedicated mobile app.
Here we show countries and global cities ordered by traffic. Toggle between Index and Composition using the buttons on the top left. Switch locations using the tabs above the map.
The Engagement report places your visitors into 3 categories: “Passer-by”, “Regular”, and “Fanatic”. This is determined by their frequency of visits.
Here’s how we define each one:
- Passers-by: Users who visit only once in a given month.
- Regulars: Users who visit more than once but less than 30 times in a given month.
- Fanatics: Users who visit 30 or more times in a given month.
The fewer Passers-by you have, the lower your bounce rate is.
The higher Visits Per Unique Visitor (taken by dividing Visits by Unique Visitors), the more engaged your users are.
You can think of Unique Visitors and Visits as how many total users you have versus how many times your site was visited in total.
Use this report to analyze the composition of engaged users that make up your site’s audience:
- Are you turning Passers-by into Regulars and Fanatics? Use this data to benchmark how you grow.
- Do you have an email newsletter? Determine your loyalty metric and if you need to use more resources to increase visits per unique user.
- Is your site desirable to advertisers? Monitor your Fanatics percentage to make your site marketable.
This report helps you understand the interests and lifestyles of a property's users by showing other sites they frequently visit. It will help you understand your audience across every level – whether it is an entire network, site, mobile app, or specific audience segments within any of your properties.
Understanding how to use these reports is the first step to monitoring your site’s health. Whether you’re looking at your audience stats from a high level or going deep with more granularity, your data is always easy to understand. With Quantcast Measure’s data, you can ensure your traffic and engagement is where it needs to be.