This How-To article will walk you through the steps to configure and manage the vendors who run their technology via your site. These vendors need a signal to know that the user's consent preferences provide them the legal basis to run their technology.
There are two types of vendors you can manage - those registered with the IAB TCF and those not registered. You should refer to your site audit results for which vendors you need to enable. In addition Choice also supports a feature to configure the Google additional vendor list a feature that you may need if you work with Google AdManager.
IAB Vendors (TCF registered vendors)
This article is specifically for IAB Vendors. For reference, see the IAB Global Vendor List (GVL). This list is the basis of the list of vendors in the IAB Vendors tab in the Vendors section of the Privacy Portal.
IAB Vendors have signed up to the IAB TCF and have agreed to the terms vendors must adhere to to participate in the framework. In addition to agreeing to the terms, they have also provided the following:
- The Purposes for which they process data
- The Legal basis for that processing
These vendors have agreed to operate based on the user’s selections and their legal requirements as set out in their declared vendor information.
Managing IAB Vendors
If your properties use the service or service group consent scope you will be able to manage the IAB vendor list.
- At the top of the portal click the Vendors tab.
- In the Vendor section there are three tabs: IAB Vendors, non-IAB Vendors and Google Vendors. For this part of the How-To instructions, we will begin with the IAB Vendors.
The list presented contains all vendors registered within the TCF. By default, all vendors on the list will be included in your CMP (all vendors will be unblocked).
- To easily find a specific vendor in the IAB vendor list (aka Global Vendor List or GVL for short), you can search by vendor name or filter by legal basis.
You will be able to filter vendors by name, just enter the name or part of the name of the vendor to search for and hit enter.
To remove the applied vendor name filter, click on the ‘X’.
To filter the vendors list based on legal basis, click on the filter icon next to the LEGAL BASIS column heading.
- Consent: vendor with only consent purposes
- Legitimate Interest: vendors with only legitimate interest purposes
- Flexible: vendors with at least one flexible purpose
- Multi: vendors with consent and legitimate interest purposes
Note: We consider consent, legitimate interest and flexible purposes to classify vendors legal basis types. Special purposes, features and special features are not considered to classify vendors based on legal basis.