In order to be able to automatically ingest the report in our system, certain requirements regarding the format need to be met.
- Adform reports usually contain a spreadsheet with 3 sheets called “Front Page”, “Sheet” and “Data”. The middle sheet needs to be called “Sheet” without any custom name added.
- The columns in the report need to be in English.
The following dimensions need to be included in the report:
- Date (format i.e. DD/MM/YYYY)
- Campaign ID
- Tag ID (BN),
- Banner ID or Line Item
The following delivery metrics to be included:
- “Impressions” or “Tracked Ads” or “Delivered Impressions”,
The following performance (conversion & revenue) metrics will be recognized by our reporting tool:
- “Conv PI” or contain the word "post impression"
- “Conv PC” or contain the word "post click"
- “Total Conversions”
- “Sales” (will be ingested as Total Revenue)
The performance (conversion / revenue) metrics need to start from the 9th column in the report, therefore if you’re adding more than 2 delivery metrics (impression and click), then the amount of dimensions need to be reduced. The essential dimensions are Date and Tag ID.
Please give the report a name/title by which we can easily identify the relevant campaign/account in our public email folder.
Send the report as attachment (xlsx, csv or zip) to the appropriate alias based on your region and add your Account Manager as copy:
Once the report is scheduled, please share the report name and report ID with us, so we can easily locate it if necessary.
Example Report Template:
Adform Report Ingestion Requirements:
- Mandatory fields: Date, Tag ID (BN)
- Metrics – Impressions OR Tracked Ads OR Delivered Impressions, Clicks
- If the Activity columns start with "Conv PI" or contain the word "post impression" then they are considered view conversions
- If the Activity columns start with "Conv PC" or contain the word "post click" then they are considered click conversions
- Total Conversions are normally calculated through View Conversions + Click Conversions. If the Activity columns contain the word “Conversions” or contain “Total Conversions”, they are considered as Total Conversions.
- If the column is called “Sales”, then it’s considered as Total Revenue
- The base (‘Sheet’) stream transpose process starts at the 8th column, so the Activity columns should start after the 8th Column.
- We don't need the Campaign Name/ID or Line Item Name/ID for manual upload usually, but if we need to overwrite an email-parsed/API data, then we would need the Campaign Name/ID.
Adform Impression metrics
Tracked Ads shows the total number of registered impressions, including both rendered ads and served-but-not-rendered ads, and excluding fraudulent traffic. This metric is available for both direct and programmatic line items.
Tracked ads is a term introduced by the Media Rating Council (MRC) to address rendering issues in ad tracking and distinguish this metric from delivered impressions.
Adform considers both client-initiated and server-initiated measurements. Only client-initiated measurement is compliant with Media Rating Council (MRC) guidelines.
Delivered Impressions shows the number of delivered impressions (only for placements booked in impressions). This metric is available for direct line items only. For programmatic line items, use the Tracked Ads metric.