InMobi has acquired the consent management platform (CMP), Quantcast Choice, to enhance its privacy management platform in the mobile app and web space. The transition is set to begin in the coming months. Both Quantcast and InMobi will be working closely to ensure a smooth transition for customers.
For a comprehensive FAQ on this transition click here.
What does this FAQ answer?
This FAQ document covers critical information for Quantcast customers that have both a Measure and Choice tag on their site. For more information on InMobi and the transition process, visit the link above.
What do I need to do to maintain access to Quantcast Choice and Quantcast Measure?
If using the Quantcast Choice-only tag :
- Your Choice account will be automatically migrated to InMobi by November 15, 2023
- You will need to log in into the InMobi system to access your account preferences beyond November 15, 2023.
- You will need to update your tags on your website after November 15, 2023 and before November 15, 2024 to continue using the Choice service.
- If using the Quantcast Measure-only tag : No action is needed.
If using the Quantcast Universal tag (one tag that implements both Choice & Measure):
- Add a new Quantcast Measure tag (instructions here: install the Quantcast Measure pixel)
- Be sure to leave the existing Universal tag in place in order to avoid interruptions in service and losing data
- NOTE: Quantcast’s system will detect both the existing joint tag and new Quantcast Measure tag and de-dupe (i.e. we will recognize both tags, but will only log once).
How do I know what tag I have implemented?
Please reach out to the firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure and need assistance.
Will I lose any functionality?
No functionality will be going away for the CMP. As noted above, if you are using a Universal Choice + Measure tag, you will need to install the Quantcast Measure pixel to avoid any interruptions in service, and keep your existing Universal tag.
How do I install the Quantcast Measure tag?
You will need to go into the Quantcast Measure UI and download/install it. Please review this page for implementation instructions.
If I have to implement a new tag, will my login remain the same?
Yes, your login will remain the same and you will still be able to access the platform.
How will fixes, updates, and TCF requirements be supported for the product?
InMobi will manage any fixes, updates and TCF requirements.
Who can help me with the technical transition?
Quantcast support aliases:
- Choice: email@example.com
- Quantcast Measure: firstname.lastname@example.org
InMobi support alias:
Will the Quantcast Measure service continue to operate once Chrome deprecates 3rd party cookies?
Yes, this remains a top priority for the company and we are making adjustments to our measurement models to continue to offer our insights. Our cookieless tech is being utilized in some of our marketer-facing tools today and we’ve seen great success thus far.
When will Choice support TCFv2.2?
The current ETA for release is mid-August.