From time to time, we will make updates to the Quantcast Choice code to:
- improve the user experience
- add features requested by customers that are beneficial to the majority of our customers
- fix known issues, and
- adjust to any changes in the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework.
Below are the Release Notes for Quantcast Choice and corresponding live date. For more details on implementing your code, visit our Technical Implementation Guide.
Active Quantcast Choice Versions
v18 (May 23rd, 2019)
Release Notes: Bug Fix; For v14 and beyond, we’ve fixed a bug where the CMP was causing multiple data calls. This will streamline the tag load on the site so that servers are less impacted.
'sha256-kHy8qhvGYsEWVp0LB7e/6oFqhrYfOzlZ6PiBFWVV7O4= sha256-ymOlv4+ePo+HvGlmvWhlMJ3w7EMzkzR2nzG0K33VvtI= sha256-BWmFZVt+wzZFwvOu8YV0GCvuHavGIycXfsF8rF4wdXM='
v17 (May 6, 2019)
'sha256-ZvjsYVCXRx5F90ubi4sWUZ+i89K5wb5nuVPyd8TolwI= sha256-uOxUapyfrXWkt+czH6PyAUDcEsRkKxKOdI8OFPAR/3I= sha256-tCWFCl7lkDcjPa7JrzAjWbrbwTe15Lqmb+E1cr9aAmY='
'sha256-yMsg58toUKYWq93FNNA8bgEpmRWlFI02ZdNCliKw0TQ= sha256-/J5c6q/mmchHwFmRMpsnawhVBWFZRYZAXJavSrdPruI= sha256-0ZJDsCFGuvSwjCtL0pdNOegzX2X92w9+kKiuSyV/qIM='
'sha256-JbueAB4bhN20a9hz0SmQIPZaCcD90DDQU3PY5LRvS6g= sha256-0qIN5k1B5JcAzuo/uJvDlMyCvEv2LzWzqgNosvjYQMY= sha256-iTs5h7U1PQSSb/EwO+mXQgUX+kJHJgL5qnaIMkp60BA='
'sha256-7dkZTDA3DE/3TGMTdU0Eev1fcwwvnxNJekmsQUpkbvE= sha256-I/BUmWki98vDtY7b8QXn3k96njVKk9OstUswDTNDRSI= sha256-/HF+HWPeRW1aFkW2SjHlMlIlL9dzUaLm0kJ3M1bdXwM='
'sha256-o1kTpGzCQDRxuP1MjB4/KK/pYmAIAjXz3fStwMuo+Iw= sha256-ofI0MC1C4YIqe37arkudsI2GFo/yoFNkyHkNR00R7LY= sha256-ZLWiAXKc6ybeseNPwGkhWYHa1X9/wsqzT0oP0V/zd6c='
'sha256-N748WvARGCzYcsIsoGYCF3/FV4pNV2RRvyuXelge1To= sha256-4BETUWSBMCCxyM7/5BZAzpzMs0Zh/wg02mpHQdZjhho= sha256-O+rkVONmtBkIvxk+5Zb3RmxP7pCPy5oU8h5o4tYbS48='
'sha256-wgUkf8AGNoYpeEbv7NFL/L3yKI7zokEv3orlnSusBjA= sha256-e/45NKelnhhLHB/2JFD7aqzpu++jRSjMF/txITpe/X8= sha256-qC9i4hpcWiN+tEEehnq/1LqMuhTrlprc0f17HRbVfug='
'sha256-r6ldEtWLo7EPh8Vg9JTmUPtq7qH/WiA3mVn3FWwQIfc= sha256-JSIBQ1GW7RntZL5jpQLgU9yAW8U5nsZOukxCQxwoLK4= sha256-A6KnHzQ8KpbS7s4fjoQEMZloy8Bx7EoW5bZxHKnNSxE='
'sha256-SLmL2Tw7zFzF+7Z/rLSlEgJyhOyNCT8vmWxTYbXPSJw= sha256-5OJFLh0u5pmRk5qZWGVi8gm3jK3cLur9J7GOWDnKETM= sha256-pEqibUPOfmpbQu5Tf+BGBolVt4zQB0Dn89RDmxJWZss='
'sha256-bnu+5tbgb4sqptqt9ysv1h4n6ia+wewq+tov1fk6znq= sha256-vtb8yo0az7rhduqnejvr0iswhfjpptm+5uaryf81l7w= sha256-uteopvrs2k9fahbu3uhzf+whuogtzhrvsixqkwymq6c='
'sha256-wgzng0gpcf2no21t7oa0pptirqmgp3lmwxmovr1amus= sha256-kjsqgmwo2r6lfavg+je2kqu++5yfo3x//ba77m479mg= sha256-o1ajzmulelzdcfgihvzsff3/8umu33tf6z5rffty1qy='
'sha256-698jake8va0tsxpu9w+6nxf8af8r56l7tlfi/z6attk= sha256-358vljfmpwei8fi48re2zl7bztzoxogxggyiigvab6c= sha256-1/vm6ua/vfzlnqjytr9vkad60blvi1ob6lfhqtw5fio='
'sha256-opdyi/56/tbm45mtnloj2tjutrp34zgbixvoy129dhm= sha256-9epw1tmyo5wpoirk3gmsngw85ppd2oe/cbchksdsoqw= sha256-nwfkn5hcbhbctqlhynbjbeqrnsqplapkg8of8fao+no='
'sha256-gfr9rejexjp3u5swptx+hb2omqmrvdzrpai91ax18my= sha256-hscjf8y/laott9suniudg+lwxouj7rsl/xib6j4qimo= sha256-j9alsqqr7mhz7dxaeeh3lm7q9abz6q+pdxovai7jofg='
'sha256-mai0jxpepxmafudeaa+kasqc7q5klahmirute81gaww= sha256-rcnawtljyw6wemmzcbssuokkkiwd+ihsxn8rasll4ri= sha256-mj0biv+t6pghvrvbptfgyouotzwhssxfpg3kihzyvdm='
'sha256-yotwhobcskdgxtv6hong1rpwqa4aoe36wrhkdpk0fwa= sha256-v6akhwyqchrajmpytnc/u1+1bwmvhr8dpvglkgaaila= sha256-kbuknfvmcfemiqkmao5leu22ldrvs35xefmn5mocdre='
Release Notes: [05.06.19]
- Improvement for get Google Personalization cookie and setConsentUiCallback functionalities
- Multiple backend enhancements
Release Notes: [12.12.18]
- Bug Fixes for adding missing ”x” button on certain browser/devices and properly display group cookie access on IE 11
Release Notes: [11.28.18]
- [Backend] Enhance differentiation between Group Consent Scope cookies from common 3rd party cookies
Release Notes: [11.13.18]
- Bug fix for properly logging Group Consent Scope signals for certain Publishers
Release Notes: [10.30.18]
- Bug Fix for CMP pop up at every page load on safari
- Language update for German and Portuguese
Release Notes: [10.02.18]
- Bug Fix for IE 10 and older, which caused the CMP to display incorrectly.
Release Notes: [9.07.18]
- Several Bug Fixes affecting the 'change-consent' link which rendering multiple times (invisibly), and consistency in the 'back' button text across CMP layouts.
Release Notes: [8.23.18]
- Enable/Disable All Toggles are now present on the purposes screen of the CMP, rather than only the 'Enable All' toggle
- Fixed Translation of 'Powered by' for French
- CSS Changes for IE to prevent the __cmpLocator iframe, when used, from showing as a white box
- Fixed Bug that caused users who minified the CMP script to encounter errors
- Changed H1s to H2s to avoid impacting the SEO of sites implementing Quantcast Choice
- 'Cancel' and 'Back' Buttons behavior has been adjusted slightly for returning vs new users:
When users are seeing the CMP because they have chosen to update their consents, they now have the option to cancel without making any changes. Users who do not have any consents are still required to make a choice, and will no longer see the 'cancel' button.
Release Notes: [8.6.18]
- Bug Fixes for Cookie access through iframe
Release Notes: [8.1.18]
- Reduced size of Quantcast logo
Release Notes: [7.31.18]
- Cookie access through iframe is released
Allows site owners who need to manage consent across multiple websites to leverage an iframe to set cookies on a single domain.
Enabling cookie access through iframe requires:
1) The value of the config option ‘Consent Scope’ be set to ‘global group’ or ‘service group’.
2) The HTML we provide in the Quantcast Choice Technical Implementation Guide must be hosted by the main domain (the cookie-setting domain) at the URL designated in the config option 'Group Hosted HTML Cookie Access URL'.
Release Notes: [7.11.18]
As of 11 July 2018 , the following updates will be made to the Quantcast Choice code that publishers and current users of Quantcast Choice code should be aware of. This release will impact the Quantcast Choice UX for publishers who have made significant modifications to the UX via CSS overrides.
Note: We will have enabled versioning to allow publishers to pin to a fixed version of the CMP.js file so that they have time to make changes to their customized code to prevent issues with the rollout of this release. If publishers have made significant CSS overrides, they can either correct those prior to the July 11 release to prevent conflicts or can pin to the current release, fix CSS issues and then update to the latest version within 30 days.
- The opaque background that covers the screen behind the modal/banner will be locked so that it cannot be changed in any way. This is to ensure that users are 100% aware that they must interact with the UI prior to being able to interact with content. We have had reports from users that our modal breaks the page and they can’t click on anything, when actually the background has been changed to 0% opacity, rendering it invisible.
- Because Quantcast Choice is a free product, the presentation of the “powered by Quantcast” link is required. We have locked the CSS override of the element and image.
- All navigational elements on the purposes and vendor screens within the scrollable section have been locked as each element is required to be displayed per IAB framework policies.
We have not locked the ability to override any design settings such as colors, fonts or element sizes, including the height and width of modals and banners. These can still be customized through CSS overrides. All previously available design customization options configurable in the self-serve Quantcast Choice tool are still available.
Addition of a persistent button/link to allow users to change consent preferences
When a user sets their consent preferences, the modal / banner will now collapse into a small button in the lower right corner of the screen by default . This is to make sure that users have the ability to change preferences at any time and is required by IAB policy for publishers and CMPs. This feature will be on by default, but can be disabled through the “Display Persistent Consent Link” configuration parameter. In order to disable this option, a publisher must have the link present in a persistent manner elsewhere on the page.
If you experience technical issues with your code, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Release Notes: [7.05.18]
- Versioning is now available for Quantcast Choice, see the Technical Implementation Guide for details.
- Integrity hashes are now available to ensure the source code for cmp.js has not been maliciously altered. See the Technical Implementation Guide for details.
- The “powered by Quantcast" link will now open in a new browser tab.
- Addition of missing German translations in the UI.
- Correction of Dutch translations for the on/off toggle labels.
- A fix for the consent window re-appearing multiple times. This was due to subdomains resulting in multiple cookies that caused the modal to reappear.
- Removal of Mixpanel from Quantcast Choice UX. We are moving to a log-based reporting system that does not require user device access or cookie setting. Publisher-accessible reports will be made available in an upcoming release, date TBD.
Release Notes: [6.29.18]
- Additional languages available by default, including: Greek, Danish, Hungarian, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Polish, Slovak, Swedish and Russian
Release Notes: [6.15.18]
- Fixed language variation in the English version to make it UK, not US
- Fixed various text tables throughout the UX to pick up the proper language translations
- Fixed issue with the web operator logo not being the size stated in the spec
- Release of an optional audit log export for web operators
- Small fixes with interoperability with prebid.js, JS errors in certain installs, etc.
- Compressions of the Quantcast Choice JS and related files to minimize the download size and speed the consent tool up
- Added a “powered by Quantcast” logo and link to the initial screen (this cannot be removed)
- Release of a consent audit log as required by the IAB framework. Access to audit log by Choice customers is on a per-request basis.
Release Notes: [6.7.18]
- Fixed minor typos in interface
- Corrections for British spelling variations
Release Notes: [5.30.18]
- Support legitimate interest indicator on website operator purposes
Release Notes: [5.29.18]
- IAB Vendor list is now sorted alphabetically for better navigation experience
- Enhanced the callback mechanism setConsentUiCallback. This callback now provides two properties that are returned: reason and isShown.
Release Notes: [5.25.18]
- Language translation support in the user experience support for ‘FR’, ‘DE’, ‘IT’, ‘ES’, ‘NL’ languages; NOTE: that we are restricted to only being able to support the 13 official languages supported by IAB Europe at this time.
Release Notes [5.24.18]
- Enhanced support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Improved support for transmitting consent to vendors leveraging iFrames as part of their technology deployed by publishers
- Support for displaying vendors that rely on legitimate interest for purposes
- Standardized language on toggles and buttons to improve consistency in user experience
- Support for setting default toggle values for purposes and vendors; now you can set toggles to be on or off by default
- Enhanced the usage and documentation for “Consent Scope Group URL” config option; NOTE: publishers who wish to leverage this advanced customization feature must have the ability to support the technical installation and system configuration capabilities to support it.
- Improved issues with mapping purposes
- Removed [Company Name] placeholder heading from publisher purposes if no Publisher Purpose IDs have been selected in the arrays
- Removed pre-GDPR Date Disclaimer ("Your choices may not take effect until May 25, 2018.")