In this article, we will cover how to generate a tag to track actions on a website to provide insights, targeting, and optimizations.
To get started
Go to “Tags” in the top navigation bar
- Select how you plan to implement the tag on the site and the vendor if applicable.
- Select “Next”
- Custom Tags allow you to measure site audiences that do not have unique URLs/metadata (see guide to learn about creating site audiences from rules) or require data passback (e.g., order ID, revenue, etc).
- Note: we encourage you to use a custom tag for your conversion event instead of using rules to ensure the site audience only fires on that activity.
2. Enter the name of the activity (e.g., purchase confirmation
3. Select the variables you want to pass to quantcast for reporting and/or optimization. This will create a placeholder in the tag. Learn about the benefits of data passback.
- Need an image tag? Select advanced setting and enable the img tag toggle. Important, if you use an image tag you must use a custom tag for each activity you want to track separately (e.g., Homepage, shopping cart, purchase, etc).
4. Continue entering the custom tags required. Once complete, select retrieve tag.
- Tags have been generated based on your selection in the previous pages.
- Select “view guide” to retreive step by step instructions to implement the tags you have generated.
- Need to send via email? Please copy the tags into a txt. document. This will ensure the tag format does not break.
Verify tag implementation using the Quantcast Tag Inspector.
The Quantcast Tag Inspector is a Google Chrome plugin that helps you check whether your Quantcast Tag and Audience Segments are implemented correctly. Install the Inspector to review individual pages of your site, and make sure the Audience Segments are firing correctly. Learn more about how to Inspect Your Tag.