Implementing the asynchronous (i.e., it won’t slow down your site) Quantcast Measure tag gives you a deep view into who’s visiting your site and what matters to them most.
With your tag in place, you’ll be able to see how many visitors you’re getting, what parts of the country (or world) they live in, detailed demographics about them, what kinds of products and brands they like, what TV shows they watch, and even other sites they visit.
- If you have Google Tag Manager on your site, go here for tag implementation instructions.
- If you’ve built your site on WordPress, go here for tag implementation instructions.
- If you also have AMP pages on your site, go here for our AMP implementation guide.
If you’re going to implement your tag manually, follow these steps:
- First, be sure to sign up for a free Quantcast Measure account. If you’ve already done that, you can ignore this step.
- When you sign up for a Quantcast Measure account, we’ll immediately send you an email with a link to verify your email address. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, be sure to check your spam folder.
- Click the email verification link and you’ll be taken to a screen that asks you to submit the URL of the website you want to measure (see example below).
- After you’ve submitted the site you want to measure, you’ll be taken to a screen that provides you with your Quantcast Measure tag (see example below).
- This snippet of code is what will allow you to gather data about your audience, so you’ll want to select and copy it immediately. In fact, it may be a good idea to paste it into a separate document and save it in case you have to get up from the computer for any period of time.
- Once you have your tag, you’ll want to place it within the HTML code of the footer of the site that you want to measure to ensure it fires on every page. The footer is marked by <footer> and </footer> tags. See an example below:
Make sure not to alter your tag, as that may prevent it from working properly.
- After you’ve implemented your tag, Quantcast Measure will send you an email to verify the tag is working properly.
Please note: It takes 1-2 days before your audience data becomes available, and up to a week before deeper audience insights start to show up. If you choose to create a (web-based) property in your profile to organize network insights, please ensure your tag is placed on the related site no later than 100 hours after property creation. Failure to do so will result in permanent TAG NOT FOUND. To remedy this, delete and recreate the property. Otherwise please contact our support team.
Advanced Tag Implementation
- If you want to give users the opportunity to tell you what they think of specific ads on your site, you may want to display the free AdChoices icon. Learn more here.