Follow the process below to ensure strong campaign performance and robust insights.
- Do not alter the code. Any edits to the code may result in the tag not collecting data.
- The tag does not interfere with your page load. Quantcast tag is asynchronous (it loads in the background). See Get Started with Quantcast Tagging for more technical details.
Add the Quantcast Tag
1. Log in, select Appearance and then Editor
2. Select “footer.php” in templates
3. Scroll down to the closing body tag </body>, and paste the Quantcast tag before it (sample tag below)
- Important: The tag should NOT have breaks within the code. i.e., there should be no blank lines. If line breaks are detected, WordPress will automatically at paragraph tags (“<p>”), causing the tag to break.
Verify tag implementation using the Quantcast Tag Inspector.
The Quantcast Tag Inspector is a Google Chrome plugin that helps you check whether your Quantcast Tag and Audience Segments are implemented correctly. Install the Inspector to review individual pages of your site, and make sure the Audience Segments are firing correctly. Learn more about how to Inspect Your Tag.
You are done! Please notify your Quantcast rep so that they can confirm your tags are collecting data.