A comprehensive tagging strategy sets your campaign up for success and provides robust audience insights. The following instructions describe the process of placing the Quantcast Tag on your pages using Campaign Manager 360 (CM360, formerly DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM)). In this article:
- Video Overview
- Add the Quantcast Tag
- Verify tag implementation using the Quantcast Tag Inspector
- Additional CM360 Resources
- Quantcast EasyTag Implementation
Note: If you are unable to break out segments to your site when implementing the Quantcast EasyTag through CM360, try implementing the EasyTag through GTM instead.
- Quantcast Conversion Tag Implementation
- Do not alter the code. Any edits to the code may result in the tag not firing.
- The tag does not interfere with your page load. Quantcast tag is asynchronous (it loads in the background). See Get Started with Quantcast Tagging for more technical details.
What you need to continue:
- Quantcast Easy Tag
- Floodlight Custom Variable Macros that you want to populate in the conversion event (e.g., revenue, order id, etc.)
Add the Quantcast Tag
- Log in to Campaign Manager, select Advertisers tab.
- Select the Advertiser
- Select the Floodlight Activities tab
- Click into the Conversion Floodlight
- Scroll down to the Dynamic Tag section.
- Select New Tag in the Default tags section.
- Fill in the tag Name “Quantcast Conversion Tag” and paste the full provided Quantcast Conversion Tag into the Tag Code field. This includes conversion tag labels (e.g., _fp.event.Purchase Confirmation)
Note: Be sure to enter the entire Quantcast Tag code snippet, not just the URL. Include any surrounding HTML, such as <script>…</script> and <img src=’…’>
- Update the added variable place holders with the CM360 macros to pull in the correct information
The macro will be “%PU(sequential number of the corresponding variable);”. This data allows Quantcast to build models and refine insights on any criteria added to the tag.
Example: If your revenue data is in your cost parameter and your customer data is in your U3 parameter, the Quantcast pixel would be updated to look like this:
- Repeat this step for ALL floodlights. Placing the tag across all floodlights provides the best performance and insights
Verify tag implementation using the Quantcast Tag Inspector
The Quantcast Tag Inspector is a Google Chrome plugin that helps you check whether your Quantcast Tag and Audience Segments are implemented correctly. Install the Inspector to review individual pages of your site, and make sure the Audience Segments are firing correctly. Learn more about how to Inspect Your Tag.
You are done! Please notify your Quantcast rep so that they can confirm your tags are collecting data.