Installing the Full Tag
If you are not able to install the Q Pixel base tag across all pages of your website, you may install tags which include both the base pixel code and event code in one snippet. This type of tag includes a hardcoded event label that will be used to identify all traffic that is recorded from the tag code.
This type of implementation is encouraged if the tagging is limited to specific pages or specific container tags on a client site.
Accessing the Full Tag Snippet
1. From the Q Pixel section of the platform, click on the Add Event button in the top right.
2. A modal will populate where you have the ability to control a few options.
- Event Name - This should be a descriptive name that corresponds to the site event where the tag will be placed. You have the option to either choose a standard event name or create a custom event name. For more info, see the guide, Track Events.
- Data Pass-back Variables - By selecting the different fields, new parameters are added to the tag code that will allow for additional data points to be collected. For more info, see the Data Passback Guide.
- Code Snippet preview - Select Full Tag from the dropdown.
3. Copy the code snippet and save the event.
Implementing The Full Tag Code Snippet
After the pixel has been saved, you are free to add it to your website. The code snippet should be implemented so that it is only triggered on the specific event for which it is designed for. Be sure to replace the placeholder values with your specific details.