Quantcast Tag Inspector
The Quantcast Tag Inspector can determine if a Quantcast tag is installed on a website, whether the tag or tags you have installed are working correctly, and confirms that the correct audience segment label is being triggered on the page.
Install and run the plugin
- Find the Quantcast Tag Inspector in the Chrome Web Store and add it to your Chrome browser
- Look for the black Quantcast icon in the top right of your Chrome browser to ensure it has been installed
- Navigate to your website
- Look for a white check mark in the Quantcast logo, confirming that the tag is functioning properly
Troubleshooting Tag on Page
If the tag inspector tool does not detect the tag on the page, follow these steps:
- Confirm the tag has been moved to production (your live site, not your staging environment).
- Validate whether the tag is firing independent of the Tag Checker tool - use Chrome Dev Tools to look for the pixel call. A call to the Quantcast server will resemble this:
- It may take a few minutes for the tag to begin firing, and up to 15 minutes to see an event label.
- Check that the tag has not been modified: check the source code (if implemented directly on the site), or access the 3rd-party container tag. Any source code modification may prevent the tag from firing.
- If these steps do not resolve the problem, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audience Segment Collection
Check that your audience segments are being collected
- Click on the Quantcast logo with the checkmark
- A pop-up dialog will load, showing page name, URL, P-code, pixel call and Audience Segment (under Event Labels)
Troubleshooting Audience Segment Collection
Troubleshooting: If the tag inspector tool does not show the correct Audience Segment, follow these steps:
- Access the Configure Audience Segments tool by logging into your Quantcast account,
- Select “Audiences” from the top navigation bar, then “Configure”
- Navigate to the Audience Segment that is not firing correctly
- Edit the rule to reflect the intended condition
- Publish your rules
If these steps do not resolve the problem, please reach out to email@example.com.