A comprehensive tagging strategy sets your campaign up for success and provides robust audience insights. The following instructions describe the process of placing Q Pixels on your pages using Campaign Manager 360 (CM360, formerly DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM)).
⚠️ What you need to continue:
In This Article:
- Q Pixel in Campaign Manager 360
- Verify Tag Implementation
- Additional instruction guides on CM360 site:
Q Pixel in Campaign Manager 360
1. Log in to Campaign Manager and select the Advertisers tab.
2. Select the advertiser.
3. Select the Floodlight activities tab.
4. Click into the Conversion Floodlight where you would like to add the Q Pixel.
5. Scroll down to the Dynamic Tags section.
6. Select New Tag in the Default tags section.
7. Fill in the tag Name “Quantcast Conversion Tag” and paste the full Q Pixel base tag and data pass-back event snippet into the Code field.
💡 Tip: Be sure to enter the entire Q Pixel base code+event snippet, not just the URL. Include any surrounding HTML, such as “<script>…</script>” and “<img src=’…’>”
8. Update the added variable placeholders with the customer variable macro to pull in the corresponding information.
The macro will be “%PU(sequential number of the corresponding variable);”. This data allows Quantcast to build models and refine insights on any criteria added to the tag. For Order ID and Revenue variables, the corresponding CM360 macros are:
"orderid": "%pord=!;", "revenue": "%pcost=!;"
Example: If your revenue data is in your cost parameter and your customer data is in your U3 parameter, the Quantcast pixel would be updated to look like this:
- Repeat this step for all floodlights to provide the best performance and insights.
Note: Currently, we can only use data pass-back event tags in Campaign Manager to label events. Quantcast will not be able to utilize rule-based label conditions for clients who are using floodlights.
Verify Tag Implementation
The Quantcast Tag Inspector is a Google Chrome plugin that checks whether your Quantcast Tag and Audience Segments are implemented correctly. Install the Inspector to review individual pages of your site, and make sure the audience segments are firing correctly. For more information, see the Inspect Your Tag help document.
In order to fire the Q Pixel across your site, you will need to setup a floodlight across all pages through a tag manager or directly on the site, and then add the base pixel in the floodlight.
Note: Quantcast will not be able to utilize rule-based label conditions if you are using floodlights.
You are done! Please check the Q Pixel app to confirm that your tags are collecting data. If you are not seeing any activity, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a Help Center request at www.quantcast.com.