View Existing Reports
Here you will see all reports previously run in the past 30 days. You can also refresh, rename, or delete any report by clicking the action buttons on the far right.
Create New Reports
To run a new report, click the blue “New Report” button on the far right.
From here, you’ll be asked to:
- Name the report
- Select the location to baseline against (the default country is U.S.)
- Build desired audience
- Basic demographics (Gender, Age, Income, etc.) are available on the top portion.
- More detailed audience characteristics such as Shopping Interests, Media Interests, and Business and Occupation data are available in the search bar.
- You can either:
- Type in what you are looking for (i.e. IT Decision Maker)
- Click the search bar to view all the categories and segments available
- And/or Logic to combine multiple segments: When selecting multiple third party segments in the search bar, the tool will default to an “Or” logic. This means that the report will look for cookies that fall within Segment A OR Segment B. To create a report that has cookies that fall into Segment A AND Segment B, use the “+ And Condition” button to select your preferred logic.
Hover over any segments to get a more detailed definition. *Remember, the more segments you add to your report, the smaller the audience will likely be.
While you are building the report the “Audience Overview” on the left, will update in real-time to show the Index and Composition of the persona that you are creating. You will need to run to the report to get all of the available data on that persona (page views, content segments etc.).
A running list of all variables selected will be displayed on the right-hand side of the page.
- When you are ready, click “Run Report”
The report will populate in Audience Planner once it is ready. You will also receive an email with a link to the report.
Reading an Audience Planner Report
- The variables selected for the report are listed on the far left.
- On the top of each report, you’ll see an overview of your entire network, highlighting Page Views, Composition, and Index for this Audience across the entire Network (all sites, Content Segments, etc). From this page, you can see Page Views, Composition, and Index specific to this audience for all sites within your network,
- Click the “Content Segments” tab, to see the more granular Page Views, Composition, and Index, for each Content Segment (i.e. keyword, category, article, section, subsection etc.)
- Use the search bar to locate specific Content Segments or use sorting features to view the data stack ranked by Page Views, Composition or Index.
- The help button, located on the right above the Network Overview, features in depth definitions, calculations and suggestions on how to use the report.
- Every report can be copied by clicking the “Clone” button on the left located below the Audience Characteristics. This feature can be used to modify or build on reports that have already been created.
The Content Segments tab will default sort by Page Views. Click the arrow next to Page Views, Composition, or Index, to sort by either metric (highest to lowest, or lowest to highest). Click “Q View” to the full Measure profile for any segment within the report. Please note that only segments that 500 pageviews or higher within that persona will populate in the report.
Happy Report Building!