From time to time, we will make updates to the Quantcast Choice code to:
- improve the user experience
- add features requested by customers that are beneficial to the majority of our customers
- fix known issues, and
- adjust to any changes in the IAB Europe Transparency & Consent Framework.
Below are the Release Notes for Quantcast Choice and corresponding live date. For more details on implementing your code, visit our set-up guide.
Active Quantcast Choice Version
V34 (September 2, 2021)
- CMP - Continue making improvements to our performance.
- Portal - Continue making improvement to our look and feel.
- GVL adding support to fech only active vendors in order to gain performance.
- Solve issue related with some custom body texts.
- Customize Purpose Screen - UI error
- [Portal] [Privacy] [Properties] Update legal basis
- Split sentences into separate div's to avoid being LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) block
V33_Patch (August 5, 2021)
- GTM codebase merged into CMP repository for maintenance.
- QCChoice- Domain variable added to GTM container for subdomains.
- Non-IABvendorlist fetches deprecated from GTM.
- CmpConsents event updated to display updated values when vendors are blocked/added.
- CMP loading blockers are fixed with the above-mentioned updates.
V33 (July 29, 2021)
- Based on the TCF policy change we have removed the 'global' and 'global group' scope form Choice, right now the only options available are 'service' and 'service group'.
- Remove page1-show dependencies on google vendor list [2.c.III]
- [CMP JS] GdprApplies should be passed-back on postmessage under AMP
- [CMP with CCPA] the system is triggering a console error for the Choice.js because of a single quote on the body text and footer links
- OBJECT ALL on Accept all label page 3
- [CMP] Google partners- the CMP is not saving the changes in the GP after accepting the consent
Investigate & fix labels that don't escape accents correctly
V32 (July 15, 2021)
- [PORTAL] We have started the UX migration to use our new particle library in order to use the same look and feel across our applications.
- CHOICE - PUBLISHER RESTRICTIONS - Applicable vendors containing a restricted purpose do not show under the new consent category (there's actually no change)
- Null values in vendor configurations for google vendor
- Issue with "uspDnsText" link format for apps.
- Protect an app | The disagree button label is not being translated
- WEB | Properties | Search in the properties page only finds web pages and not apps
- Accents in persistent consent link label shows the unicode character
- SDK - Set LI bit if only special purposes are declared
- serve smaller (non-polyfilled) CMP variants to non-IE browsers
- AMP reporting issue (some AMP sites showing 0 consent stats)
V31 (June 17, 2021)
Google Additional Vendor List Customization
- Problem/Use case:
Many Choice clients have reported that adding the full Google additional vendor list to the ad request runs risk to overrun the max URL length. This is specifically a problem with AMP powered pages but can also happen on regular web pages. Several clients mentioned that they only need a small subset of the Google vendors present on the list.
- Provided solution:
We added customization for the Google additional vendor list to the "Vendors" section. You find it under the tab "Google Vendors". The vendor table allows you to configure which vendors you work with (vendors can be un/selected).
To enable Google additional vendors you need to enable the checkbox in the corresponding section under "add a site" or "add an app" respectively.
Support for CCPA for Mobile Apps
We also added support for CCPA for mobile apps under the "add an app". A new section was added to configured the require properties for CCPA.
V30_patch (May 13, 2021)
- [CMP] As a user I have an option to Reject All for vendors and purposes
- [CMP] Accept all button on the purposes page is not working
V30 (May 10, 2021)
- Added CCPA support for mobile from the portal
- We've reduced the size of our js files up to 20%
- [FE] CHOICE PORTAL - Editions made to the Sites/Themes involving fields shown in the List View pages will not be updated in the latter until forcing a page refresh
- [FRONTEND][CMP][AMP]- The sites are displaying the CMP incomplete when it is in the bottom of the page.
- [AMP] The system is not showing the footer links in the site.
- Choice mobile logs not showing in portal
- GDPR - CMP - The CMP does not prompt; there's an error in the console and the getTCData command returns "undefined"
- [FE][Portal] Protect an app- the system is not saving the "Target entire US" and "IAB LSPA signed"
- [CMP] The system is showing the purposes expanded in blank at tabbing with the keyboard
V29 (April 15, 2021)
- Bulk update sites within the Choice Portal
V28 (March 8, 2021)
- Redesigned Audit logs to be much faster and more reliable with easier to use UI.
- Permisio updates including fewer redirects (available for Alpha customers only).
- Fixed AMP download bugs where AMP tag would not correctly download when there was a single quote character in the custom body text.
V27 (February 18, 2021)
- Updated Permisio integration (available for Alpha customers only).
- EmotionJS style tag prefix changed to: 'qc-data-emotion'
- Fixed AMP bug on the first load of partial consent on AMP-powered pages
- Fixed non-IAB vendors not appearing on the Choice list
- Fixed app configuration invalid when non-IAB vendor description has single quotes in it
- Fixed bug where deleted vendors are not being removed from display - deleted vendors are now removed from the UI
- Choice Terms of Service now use Quantcast's standard Terms of Service process, users will need to reaccept when they next log into Choice portal
- Removed all sites configured with TCF v1 and TCF version columns (TCF v1 was previously disabled; Choice only supports TCF v2).
- AMP Support GA
- Mobile App Support Beta
General performance improvements and bug fixes:
- Reduced the overall size of our CMP UX JS for performance improvement
- Treat sites with and without leading "www" as the same site when generating metrics
AMP tag is optimized by adding CMP Type attribute
AMP supports 'style' tag for consent link styling
Access to unlimited Quantcast Measure Profiles(sites) for non-premium Quantcast Choice customers
USP consent metrics are available in QC Choice Reports section of the portal.
Wordpress plugin v2.0.4 is the new stable version.
Fixed layout issues for smaller screen sizes (mobile web)
Removed HTTP 404 errors in the console for the Wordpress distributed plugin
Added missing hyperlink for 'group of websites' in the summary page
Fixed re-prompt issues in iframe due to duplicate cookies created in the past
Fixed an issue related to downloading subdomain logs in the portal
Fixed the broken hyperlink for AMP tag instructions in the portal
Fixed editing issues for Themes which were used for the sites exclusive to USP consent
AMP support Beta with the ability to customize the configurations using Choice Portal and other bug fixes.
Display the disclosure for device cookie storage duration.
Fixed issue in customized CSS to support vendor list styles
Corrected German language text format.
Fixed scrollbar issues in Partners and Legitimate Interest pages.
Fixed an issue related to Stack 1 where it was always displayed as ON.
Fixed Base64 decoding issues when a cookie is stored twice.
- Fixed mobile web formatting issues where paragraphs appear truncated.
Fixed a broken hyperlink for Tag instructions in the Portal.
Fixed incorrect reporting metrics in cases where the referrer was missing
Enabled support for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
Purpose level configuration to apply restrictions to the vendor’s legal basis.
- Nigeria is the newly supported country.
Fixed Wordpress and GTM issue where it was unable to detect non IAB Vendor consent.
Corrected Danish language translation errors.
Enabled hyperlink for partners list in the summary page.
General bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue that prevents service group iframe mode from operating correctly
- Fixed inconsistent behavior with Google 2.1a when 'Save & Exit' is clicked without selecting any vendors.
General bug fixes:
- Fixed issues related to group consent on Safari.
- Improved the performance of ’getTCData’ and ‘addEventListener’ commands to resolve Google 2.1a issues.
- Corrected the consent rate metrics and improved performance in analytics reporting.
- Fixed formatting issues around buttons when custom CSS is applied.
- Corrected translations for ON/OFF buttons in Norwegian.
- Fixed radio button issues for customizing purposes for nonIAB vendors in the portal
- Updated translations for Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese and Slovenian in the portal
General bug fixes:
Fixed an issue with service group iframe cookie access.
V15 (October 7, 2020)
General bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue in the CMP to make it compatible with Internet Explorer v11.
- Fixed issue related to cookie path for CCPA
V14 (October 1, 2020)
General bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue with customize CSS corrupting the output and bloating the choice configuration file.
- Fixed a problem with the way we calculated the reprompt hash if both global and service level cookies were present.
- Fixed a problem where purpose and vendor list where blank when the CMP runs on pages with AMP present.
V13 (September 23, 2020)
General bug fixes and improvements:
- Performance Improvements - Enhanced loading of vendors page, toggles and load performance
- Additional language support - Added support for EEA Languages (Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese and Slovenian)
- API fixes - Fixed Add event listener API to support Google consent string
- Analytics Enhancements - Reports will treats urls with and without the leading ‘www’ the same way
- UX Improvements - Fixed the alignment of buttons in the modal
V12 (September 3, 2020)Updates:
- Support Sub Domains - Introduced a new feature that allows users to easily add parent domain and all its subdomains with one entry in the portal. To share consent across all these subdomains you also need to configure Group Consent for this site.
General bug fixes:
- Address Group Consent issues - Resolved a bug with our reprompt logic that caused the consent modal to reprompt for users who already gave consents on another site within the group of domains the group consent applies to.
- Agree All Button behavior changed - Updated the Agree button on the second page (Purposes) to now apply consent to the Publisher and Vendor selections.
- Site URL validation changed - Enhanced site validation in the Choice Portal to check for protocol prefix and alert the user if those are found.
- Audit Logs Enhancements - Updated how we generate your audit logs in the Choice Portal, which resolved in previous reporting issues.
- Updated CCPA text - Updated the CCPA text "Do not sell my data" to "Do not sell my personal information" to conform with CCPA regulation requirements.
V11 (August 21, 2020)Updates:
We also fixed the handling of non-iab vendors consent for group consent.
V10 (August 18, 2020)Updates:
This is a hotfix release that addresses issues in our CMP with the Google Additional Consent feature. It addresses the following issues:
- getTCData not returning the correct addtlConsent string in all cases
- getTCData not returning the correct status when addtlConsent is enabled
- Error 'addltConsent can not be set on boolean: false
- Cookie addtl_consent exceeding maximum length
We also address the issue with an infinitive spinner on the Vendor's page inside the Choice Portal.
V9 (August 13, 2020)Updates:
- Enabled support for Google's Additional Consent Mode (ACM)
- Publisher legal bases apply only for Service or Service Group consent scopes
- Fixed minor translation issues for Swedish, Czech, Danish, and Portuguese
V8 (August 10, 2020)Updates:
- Fixed style customization for back arrow graphics
- Support for group consent on Firefox
- Fixed re-prompt issue on Safari and Firefox
- Fixed CMP prompt issues for the sites created with leading http(s) for url in the portal
- Added validation to not allow sites to be created with leading http(s)
We are also excited to announce the following feature updates:
- Purpose configuration for Publishers to define legal bases in Portal and CMP
Now site owners can separate the configuration of your legal bases from vendors.
This will provide consumers with notice for the purposes you need while still enabling vendors to ask for purposes they need via TCFv2 .This update will also better enable vendors that are your data “processors” to verify that they have a valid legal base to process data on your behalf.
V7 (July 23, 2020)Updates:
- Updated behavior for Global scope to not allow customized stacks
- Fixed an issue in callback for setUspDftData where status was returned as undefined
- Fixed translation issues for Polish and Portuguese
- Fixed Theme Preview problem in Portal
- Improved performance of the Sites page in portal
- Fixed CSS override issue using double quotes in the CSS definition
- Fixed CCPA text overlap on small screen resolution (Mobile Devices)
- Fixed issue with specified privacy link for CCPA
- CCPA conforms to WCAG 2.1 accessibility level AAA
- Ability to specify purposes for non-IAB vendors
- Support download of Audit Logs
V6 (July 9, 2020)Updates:
- Corrected the addEventListener API returned evenStatus to correctly follow the TCF API specification (on CMP start return tcloaded when a valid TCString is available)
- CCPA accessibility WCAG 2.1 compliance
- Updated translations
- Fixed in TCF APIs for gdprApplies
- Addressed an issue with the CCPA body text which was not properly updating
- Added Russian to the supported languages
- Added Special Purposes and Features to the Customized Purposes for Publishers to declare for disclosure
V5 (June 24, 2020)Updates:
- Fixed Analytics data calculation (correct bounce rate)
- Corrected how the CMP is triggered when GDPR and CCPA are configured together
- CSS override support
- Added config for custom links
V4 (June 10, 2020)Updates:
- UI responsiveness
- Color config validation
- Fixed included measure tag
- CSS override support
- Added config for custom links
V3 (May 28, 2020)Updates:
- Legitimate Interest page display and typo fix
- Initial screen's buttons and button text display issues
- API callback error for CCPA
- Recall CMP button location customization
- CMP color customization
- TCF v2 theme set-up Preview