Together with you, our clients, Quantcast is driving to create a privacy-focused future. We are excited to support your migration to an upgraded Choice version built on the latest industry standard, IAB Europe’s Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) v2.0.
Here are some notes on the transition to the latest industry standard:
IAB Europe set a deadline (August 15, 2020) to transition from TCF v1.1 to TCF v2.0. TCF v1.1 and its central supporting infrastructure, such as the Global Vendor List that CMPs use to provide transparency, will be shut down by IAB. In addition, TCF v1.1 signals created after Aug 16 will not be valid, and vendors may start to ignore these signals.
Current Quantcast Choice v1.1 customers should move to Choice v2.0 to support the new version of the framework in time for the deadline.
To protect your advertising revenue, you need to upgrade to generate TCF v2.0-compliant signals, which contains many improvements to address requirements of the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive.
Now (before Aug 15). The deadline is approaching fast. We suggest you start the switchover today so you have enough time to prepare for the TCF v1.1 cut-off.
Switching to the TCF v2.0 using Choice is easy. All you need to do is to register through our sign-up page and after acknowledging the terms and condition, follow the steps in our configuration portal. In short:
- Sign up for a Quantcast account (if you don’t have one yet)
- Use the Portal to customize and manage your CMP (we provide a centralised privacy portal for you to customise and manage your sites and vendors)
On your website:
- Remove your existing Choice tag and any customized code you have that uses the __cmp APIs
- After you are done configuring your CMP in the Privacy Portal, copy the new Choice v2.0 Universal Tag from within the Choice Portal.
- Add the Universal Tag to your web page. Update any customized code to use the new __tcfapi API.
If you are using your CMP within Google Tag Manager please follow these steps in this guide here.
For publishers and advertisers who haven’t adopted a CMP and are looking for one. Read our help center for more info.