Quantcast is committed to supporting its customers with premium consent management and audience analytics tools. We have been in process with the deprecation of Choice TCF v1.1 since we launched TCF v2.0 in early August 2020. Today we want to provide our Choice TCF v1.0 customers with a final notice that we will be deprecating Choice TCF v1.0 on January 22nd, 2021.
Choice is one of the first TCF v2.0-compliant consent management platforms validated by IAB Europe, and we will continue to support your compliance needs with the latest Choice TCFv2 version, which you can learn more about here.
There are two key reasons we are deprecating Choice TCFv1 in order to best support your compliance strategy:
- IAB Europe set a deadline (August 15, 2020) to transition from TCF v1.1 to TCF v2.0. TCF v1.1 and its central supporting infrastructure, such as the Global Vendor List that CMPs use to provide transparency, was shut down by IAB when we hit that deadline. In addition, TCF v1.1 signals created after Aug 16 are not valid, and vendors have started to ignore these signals. You can find more information in our Help Center article on this topic.
- TCF v2.0 is not backwards compatible with TCF v1.1. If you have not transitioned to TCF v2.0, you are not compliant with the latest industry standards and there is legal risk associated with this, as well as potential impact to your advertising revenue. You can learn more about this in our FAQ specifically focused on Choice TCFv2.
We've been planning to deprecate the TCF v1.1 product for a while in accordance with the TCF’s guidelines, so hopefully this will not come as a surprise. But if it does, we have plenty of resources to help you upgrade to Quantcast Choice TCF v2.0 for free prior to the January 22nd, 2021 deadline. Here are some steps to help you upgrade:
- All you need to do is to register through our sign-up page and after acknowledging the terms and condition, follow the steps in our configuration portal. In short:
- Sign up for a Quantcast account (if you don’t have one yet)
- Use the Portal to customize and manage your CMP (we provide a centralised privacy portal for you to customise and manage your sites and vendors)
- On your website:
- Remove your existing Choice tag and any customized code you have that uses the __cmp APIs
- After you are done configuring your CMP in the Privacy Portal, copy the new Choice v2.0 Universal Tag from within the Choice Portal.
- Add the Universal Tag to your web page. Update any customized code to use the new __tcfapi API.
- You’re ready!
Quantcast has been a long-time advocate for improving data protection and privacy, as well as one of the driving forces behind the original TCF developed by IAB Europe. Today, over 25,000 organizations from across 25 countries use Choice to help them comply with data protection laws. We hope to help you in this next phase of compliance support.
Here are some other resources that may help you:
- Free access to the upgraded Quantcast Choice CMP to support the switchover to IAB TCF v2.0
- Quantcast Supports Google’s TCF v2.0 Integration
- Quantcast Choice: TCF v2.0 Now Available on WordPress
- Google’s TCF v2.0 Transition Date: What you need to do to prepare
Get started with Choice for TCF v2.0 for free!