Under GDPR, as well as other privacy regulations like CCPA, site owners need to keep records of consent and the steps users had to take to provide their consent. CMPs are required to make these records available to publishers/site owners upon request. On the Choice CMP these records are called “audit logs”. The audit log feature allows Choice users to easily download these records (logs) for the last 30 days through the Choice UX.
When a need for a proof of compliance arises, you will be able to request audit logs once a day per site. So, after a requested log is generated you will get the same for the next 24 hours. Also, audit logs for a site will be able to request only when analytics data is present (you need to check the sites' Consent Rate to be greater than 0%)
Generating audit logs:
- To access the properties audit log, you will need to click on the three dots menu and select Logs.
- The audit log process will start running and the following message will appear on the properties page.
- When the audit log is successfully completed, the following message will appear - “Your audit log file(s) are ready and available to download”.
- By clicking on the Properties List you will be able to download audit logs by property or download all completed audit logs.
- Otherwise, a failed message will be displayed advising that you should contact the support team for assistance.
- The Property List will allow you to view the list of properties for which the logs failed, and you will be able to use the Copy properties feature to copy the list of properties to paste them in the email you need to send to support.
Notes: Given that you will be able to run logs for more than one property depending on the status of each log you may have more than one type of message on the properties page.